Financial Markets Training Advanced (2 days)
(This training is available for English and Dutch groups)
Financial products contribute significantly to our social welfare and economic development. The financial crisis of 2008 was a turning point in way financial products are traded on the Financial Markets. What happened and changed? How do Financial Markets work and why are they so important?
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
This training will learn you:
- What essentially happens on the Financial Markets.
- What is the function of banks and other market participants.
- Which product (types) exist, how are these priced and why use them, for example Bonds and Interest Rate Swaps?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Participants do not need to have an economic background to do this training: ‘
This interactive course introduces you to financial markets and the world of finance. This training is a mix of presentations, discussions, assignments, games and several short videos. The course is also suitable for participants with work experience in the financial sector.
This training is for professionals that work in the financial sector and want to know more about financial products and trading, such as: Cash Managers, Treasurers, Bank Relationship Managers, Consultants, IT professionals, Controllers, (Internal) Auditors, Back- en Mid Officers, Accountants, Legal experts, Journalists, Human Resource recruiters and Corporate Communication officers.
This is an example of a program of 4 sessions of 4 hours.
Session 1: Banking Basics (duration 4 hours)
- Activities and Bank types.
- Bank balance sheet and income sources.
- Infrastructure of the financial world.
- Introduction Financial risks.
- Pricing information: Yieldcurve.
- Introduction supervision of the financial world.
Session 2: Introduction Financial Markets (duration 4 hours)
- Activities, participants and products (traditional and derivatives).
- Submarkets and organisation.
- Interest rate conventions.
- Pricing and Benchmarks.
Session 3: Money Market and Capital Market (duration 4 hours)
- Money market activities and participants.
- Monetary policy and pricing on the Money Market.
- Bond types and characteristics.
- Bond pricing: Yield to Maturity and (Modified) Duration.
- Interest Rate Swaps: specifications, use and valuation.
Session 4: Risk management en Supervision (duration 4 hours)
- Banks & Risk, Return on Equity.
- Rating Agencies and Credit Risk.
- Introduction Risk management (Asset & Liability management),
- Credit crisis 2008: what happened?
- Basel Agreements: past and future.